Thursday, April 29, 2010

Feeling Good

Okay, so quick review of my work situation:

I started working for a major healthcare organization in our area in February. I started as a temporary employee with a contract to end at the beginning of May. I am filling in for an employee who was on maternity and has since announced that she will not be returning.  Since I started here various "higher ups" have assured me that I will be offered a permanent position, something I thought would happen now that the coworker has decided to extend her leave indefinitely.  Well, instead of offering me the position, they posted it to our job site as well as to the site of the staffing agency I got the job through. I applied for both, but I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that boss lady is not going to offer me the job.  I have felt, more or less since I started, that she is not a fan of me.  I would hope that that would not impact this decision as I have yet to receive any criticism and I do my job well, but I could be wrong.
These particular kinds of situations often lead to unbridled rage and crankiness, but they also provide me with an opportunity to overcome... and for exchanges like this-

*talking about the situation*
Me:  Whatever happens, happens, right?
S:  Yes. I will be sad if you do not get it though
Me:  I will also be sad. But I will be okay. I will find another job. I always do. I have the really important things in my life and that is what matters.
S: Yes.
Me: See, I am trying this "positive" thing on for size.  I like it, I think.
S: It looks good on you.  Especially if you aren't wearing anything else.



Ooh la la! Scandalous!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment